March 21, 2011

St. Patrick's Day



Heather, this is just for you!
If you haven't realized by now, or just don't know us well enough, St. Patrick's Day is HUGE in Josh's family. It really is a fun tradition that goes way beyond just wearing green. I like to think of it as Thanksgiving part 2. This year my food assignment was jell-o and cupcakes. Molly helped me and we made some lovely treats.


Rainbow chip cupcakes with vanilla frosting and chocolate cupcakes with mint chocolate chip frosting. There were good, weren't they Heather???

On the menu this year: Corned Beef, turkey, ham, potatoes, colcannon
potatoes, green bean casserole, veggies and dip, chocolate covered kiwi and strawberries, broccoli salad, green rolls, mint brownies, Irish soda bread, cupcakes, and key lime pie. I am pretty sure I ate a little bit of everything and can't wait until next year!

4 comments:

Sally said...

Wowza! That is a sweet meal! Looks like you guys partied it up. And you know I'm all about partying it up. Molly is so cute and your desserts looked fancy!

Heather said...

You guys have to be some of the most fun people we know! Those are seriously impressive cupcakes...I sure hope you have placed a big order at Bake it Pretty by now.

Annette Lyon said...

I had my first taste of Irish soda bread this year. Yum!

Heather J said...

Thanks buddy. I feel better now