September 29, 2008
September 27, 2008
Who has two thumbs and loves The Dollar Spot? This girl.
September 26, 2008
1. Phyllis: I wonder what people like about me... [pause] Probably my jugs.
2. Kevin: Pam you weigh 226 pounds?
Holly: Almost Kevin.
Pam: Not almost though, Holly, not close to 200.
Holly: Math is hard.
3. Angela: I have a nice comforter and several cozy pillows, I usually read a chapter of a book and it's lights out by 8:30, that's how I sleep at night.
4. Angela: [yelling at Kevin] Listen, Dummy! It's not that hard! All you have to do is take the numbers from the sales report and type them into a master spreadsheet. A GD monkey could do it. I do not understand why you can't do it.
Holly: No! You DO NOT talk to him like that.
Angela: But he's an idiot.
Holly: He is not an idiot--
Kevin: Thank you, Holly.
Holly: --he is mentally challenged. But he's doing a super job here.
Kevin: Wait back up. Do you think that I'm retarded?
5. Dwight Schrute: [to Pam] Fax this for me.
Jim Halpert: Come on, man, she goes to New York in like ten minutes.
Dwight Schrute: It's not going to take her ten minutes to fax it, Jim. If I don't see you again, good-bye. Well, actually I'll see you when you give me the fax confirmation so, never mind.
Don't worry I didn't type these all from memory, I found this great site The Office Quotes. Quotes from every episode. Yessssssssssss! (that's from Napoleon Dynamite quotes.)
September 23, 2008
Just last week, Josh was insisting that I call the doctor's office and ask them what was wrong with our daughter and why wasn't she walking. Not wanting to be laughed at by the medical personnel I used to work with, I put that phone call off. Instead I assured him she would walk when she was ready to. Plus, I was pretty sure she knew how and was just refusing. She's a good mix of us, stubborn and lazy. And what do you know, I was right. Surprise, surprise! She took her first real unassisted steps today and has not stopped.
Just to clarify, nothing is wrong with Baby Molly. Josh is stubborn and I am lazy.
Also watch out if you are driving down main street in American Fork today. The police are out in full force on their fancy motor bikes. They are running secret missions, sending "pedestrians" through the crosswalk by Papa John's and seeing if you Yield. If you don't you'll be sorry!
September 22, 2008
The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery
Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore
The Traveler's Gift:Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success by Andy Andrews
The Book Thief by Mark Zusak (5 stars!!!)
The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
Dreams from my Father by Barack Obama
The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom
Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins
Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane by Suzanne Collins
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle: A Novel by David Wroblewski
Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney
Specials by Scott Westerfeld
Pretties by Scott Westerfeld
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Wuthering Heights By Emily Bronte
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns
Leaving Cold Sassy by Olive Ann Burns
Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
These is my Words: The Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine, 1881-1901 by Nancy Turner
Water for Elephants: A Novel by Sara Gruen
One for the Money (Stephanie Plum Series) by Janet Evanovich
Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling
Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright
The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis
Eragon by Christopher Paolini
Eldest by Christopher Paolini
September 19, 2008
TOP FIVE SEASON PREMIERE'S I CAN'T WAIT FOR:
1. Grey's Anatomy
2. The Office
3. 30 Rock
4. My Name is Earl
I am editing my #5 since Lost doesn't start until next year. My new #5 is The Amazing Race!
September 18, 2008
The second T is Target. That alone is enough, really. But the Target Dollar Spot (which is always fun) is super fun right now. They have great scrapbooking stuff, chipboard letters, cute fall ribbon and Molly's favorite Elmo board books. Love it. They have a bunch of other cute fall and Halloween stuff that is $2.50. Still a deal. I got some cute metal baskets to put my cute scrapbook stuff in. Cute.
September 17, 2008
He is smiling, yet looks like he might break into tears since his Mom is so mean.
Here are SIX facts about Gavin:
1. He is a repeater. Any movie line, commercial, TV show you are watching with him, anything his sister says, is immediately repeated.
2. He has been logging on to the computer and running Nick Jr., Disney, and Cartoon Network Games for as long as I can remember.
3. He is our fake sleeper.
4. He produces tears the size of Texas. If he is laying down while crying, his ears fill up with tears, it happened all the time when he was a baby.
5. He loves to take baths and swim in the tub water. He gets his goggles on and plugs his nose and stays under the water for as long as he can.
6. He has a reputation as a maniac, and most of it is well deserved, but he is a sweet boy who loves his sister so much and is a great cuddler.
SIX names we call Gavin, besides Gavin:
1. Finnegan. Josh seriously wanted to name him Finnegan. I had a hard time with it then, not so much now.
2. Midget. He is our shorty magoo.
3. Yo Gavva, Gavva. Compliments of Yo Gabba, Gabba, which we watch all the time.
4. Owen. I do this all the time.
5. Long Haired Hippie. Take a look at the picture, his hair is long and he loves it.
6. Jimmy. Jimmy Neutron. Jimmy, what the heck are you doing?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAVIN
We Love You!!!!
September 14, 2008
September 12, 2008
TOP FIVE THINGS I ALWAYS BUY AT COSTCO (not counting a churro and a berry smoothie, you have to buy those it's the law):
1. Milk. Red (whole for Molly) and blue (for the rest of us).
2. Medium Cheddar Cheese. $5.29 today people. I was at Macey's yesterday and cheese was $7.99-$9.99. What a savings. You should go to costco to buy cheese alone.
3. Capri Suns. For the brown bagger of our family, and his little brother who sneaks them all the time.
4. Kirkland Baby Wipes.
5. Dino Nuggets. Not just for kids you know.
TOP FIVE THINGS I WANT TO BUY AT COSTCO (but don't):
1. Whatever fun children's play thingy they have in the front of the store.
2. Dunford chocolate donuts.
3. A flat screen TV.
4. Whatever fun children's bed set they have in the middle of the store. Remember the fun pirate one?
5. The big fat package of Sharpie's with all the possible colors of the rainbow.
P.S. The Ride Leader hates (stong word, I know) Costco. What is wrong with him??? Never mind, don't answer that.