On our list of things to do are: take pictures of kids in costumes BEFORE Halloween night, carve pumpkins and roast seeds, make and eat pumpkin faces (check recipe blog soon for this family favorite!), host McCarrel Family Halloween Party, go to Witch's Night Out (also girl's night out) at Gardner Village, and watch some scary movies*!
October 17, 2008
Favorite Five: Halloween Activities
With Halloween fast approaching, there are always a few things I feel like we need to do to put us in the true spirit! Here are our favorite Halloween activities.
1. Watch The Nightmare before Christmas. It is spooktacular! When we went to Disneyland, it was October and the Haunted Mansion was all decked out for Jack Skellington. The kids and I loved it. Josh, not so much. He wanted the original.
2. Pick out and finally purchase costumes. So far, we have Optimus Prime and Boba Fett. Not sure what the kids are going to be.
3. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. This was the first year we went to this and I think it will become a yearly event. This particular show is over, but I think Lehi City puts one on, so there may be other showings, catch one if you can!
4. Pick out pumpkins and plan how to carve them.
5. Drive by our favorite Halloween House. Here is the address, 629 North 690 West American Fork. Enter that into Google Maps, you can even see the street view which shows a lot of the decorations. This house is great, it has two hearses, a graveyard, and almost every blow up halloween item available. You can get out of your car and walk around the yard. Spooky!