March 6, 2008

Dinner, movie and a book!

DINNER:
Okay so I am all about an easy dinner. If everyone could fix their own, even better. We call that "whatever you want" night. Love those. However when I do prepare dinner it needs to be fast, easy and good. That's what she said. The other night I made Speedy Chicken Stir-Fry, which I think is great. I do a few things differently, I use spaghetti, the light done right version of the dressing, and no peanuts. Sometimes I add more veggies, onions, carrots and red peppers are good in it. My kids really only like the chicken in the sauce so that on plain rice would be good too. Don't worry they both survived eating the ONE piece of broccoli required of them.
MOVIE:
Josh peddled his bicycle on down to Hollywood Video and picked up Into the Wild. Wow this was a great movie. It came out last year, but we're a little slow these days. I loved it, but it is rated R for those of you who do not watch those. It made me tear up and flat out cry, and I would have watched it again as soon as it was over. You'll never guess what happens at the end. Well unless you read the book.
BOOK:
Is not Into the Wild. It is The Memory Keeper's Daughter. This made me cry as well. I am not sure where I first heard about this book, but I kept seeing it at Target and never bought it. I found it at Costco for pretty cheap so bought it. It was very interesting and made me think. If you would like to read it I would be more than happy to lend it to you as soon as Melissa is done.

No comments: